Growing plants in small spaces, rented accommodation and urban situations
Join Ciaran Burke on Wednesday 18th September at Hunting Brook Gardens and learn how we can create beautiful natural spaces using containers and vertical planting with plants that enhance our well-being and provide food for pollinators.
On this day course Ciaran will cover the following areas:
- Container cultivation of trees, shrubs and perennials
- Use of seasonal plants for additional colour
- How to make a simple vertical planting system
- Planting pollinator strips at wall bases
- Selecting pots and growing media
- Care of pots including re-potting, irrigation and feeding
Ciaran Burke is a qualified horticulturist and trainer with over twenty years experience teaching Royal Horticultural Society qualifications. Ciaran now works as a horticulturist is Johnstown Garden Centre and cares for over 180 pots in his rented accommodation in Kildare.
Date: 18th September, 2019
Venue: Hunting Brook Garden
Time: 10.30 to 15.30 (bring a packed lunch, tea and coffee available for free)